This product is available in the following colours.
poracal vinyl swatches
Disclaimer: Although every effort has been made to display the colour swatches shown as true, all monitors are not consistant in colour representation, the swatches therefore should be taken only as a guide!
Maintenance & Tech
Care of your new vehicle livery
Congratulations, you have just bought ‘the best’. Impact Signs use ‘new generation’ vinyls for all of their vehicle liveries. The manufacturers stated exterior life under normal conditions is a massive 7 – 10 years (except florescent & some specialty finishes). Although you may not intend to keep your vehicle this long, you still benefit. Because of the high quality vinyl and adhesive, it means that your vehicle looks better from day one
You may experience ‘air bubbles’ for up to 4 days after sign writing. In actual fact, these are not air but application fluid. All you have to do is…. Leave them alone, they will simply disappear of their own accord, this is in no way caused by poor workmanship and will not affect the long term adhesion of the vinyl
Washing your vehicle is pretty much the same as it would be if it were not sign written, however a few precautions should be taken:
- Do not wash for at least 4 days after your vehicle has been sign written. This allows the adhesive to ‘cure’ properly
- Do not direct pressure washers ‘up close’ to the sign writing, especially if the text/graphic is very small or intricate.
- If cleaning by hand, use a sponge, not a cloth.
- If you have digitally printed (full colour or graduated) vinyl, do not use solvent of any kind. This may cause the image to fade. Soapy water is all you will need.
If you wish to remove the sign writing at any stage, this is relatively easy to do, just use the following guidelines:
- Use heat! Vinyl can be removed easier when it is warm. A hair dryer is the best tool for the job. Caution! Do not use hot air guns, these may burn the paint and also it can be highly dangerous if used around the petrol cap!!!!
- To remove the glue residue use white spirit. Let it soak in for approx 2 minutes first, glue should then be easy to use.
- Do not use a knife to remove vinyl. It may ‘pierce’ the paint. Whereas this may not show at first it could begin to rust. Use a plastic knife or ask us for a squeegee
- When the entire vinyl and glue residue is removed, it would be wise to use ‘T’ cut to hide the ‘ghosting’ that may be evident.
Impact signs do offer a vinyl removal service. It includes vinyl and adhesive residue removal and ‘T’ cutting. All vehicles must be delivered to and collected from our premises in Aylesbury.