Acceptable File Formats:
- .EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- .AI (Adobe Illustrator (CS6 or below))
- High Resolution .TIFFS or .JPEGS (flattened)
- Each design must be a separate file or page
- All files must be named and include percentage if scaled i.e. xxx @ 25% size
- All fonts to be converted to outline or TTF font included with file
- All artwork, where possible to be vector based
- All artwork in CMYK colour mode or Pantone where applicable
- All images must be embedded
- All visible in-canvas template elements removed
- Correct height to width ratio
- 5mm bleed is useful but not essential
- No crop marks please (if they are already in the artwork we can work with this)
- Notify of any Pantone References required
- Don’t have multiple artworks on one page
- Don’t provide artwork at an incorrect width-to-height ratio
- Don’t provide in RGB colour mode
- Don’t provide with missing links or images which are not embedded
- Don’t provide without fonts converted to outlines/curves/shapes
- Don’t provide protected by a password
Unacceptable File Formats:
- INDD (Adobe InDesign)
- QXP (Quark Xpress)SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- DOC/DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- XLS/XLSX (Microsoft Excel)
- PPT/PPTX (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- PUB (Microsoft Publisher)
Where raster (.jpg .tif .bmp etc.) artwork is used (photo’s etc.) resolution should be at 300dpi at target size. Another rough guide is that the artwork is 50mb per square metre without falsely increasing the resolution.
If artwork is scaled at ‘x’% the DPI should be:
- 100% – 300dpi
- 50% – 600dpi
- 33% – 900dpi
- 25% – 1200dpi
We use a 6 colour digital printing process (C,M,Y,K,Lc,Lm), this is the most accurate digital process available.
While we can’t print Pantone colours themselves, we can print artwork containing Pantone colours. Our systems will try to match the Pantone colours in your artwork as closely as attainable. However, we must be notified of these when placing your order and these must be included within your artwork. Please note, we cannot guarantee accurate replication of all Pantones. If you require a printed sample before placing an order, please speak to one of our sales team who can arrange this for you
We cannot provide digital proofs prior to printing unless specifically asked for, these proofs are chargeable. It is advisable to provide a colour print together with any files provided on disc. This precaution protects against missing data from files and also against noticeable colour shifts
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for issues contained in the supplied artwork itself such as spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, RGB colour mode, overprint, resolution, missing fonts and missing images. To avoid these issues, please ensure your artwork adheres to our requirements.
Artwork not supplied to our requirements will likely render an unsatisfactory result or delay your order. If you unsure about the artwork you have, please check with us beforehand to ensure there are no complications with your order.
If an artwork size is different to the ordered size, the ordered size always takes precedence. This is due to the fact that artworks from our customers are supplied in a variety of scales.
With subjective issues of quality such as image resolution, we will sometimes advise you if the quality is extremely low, but due to the subjective nature of ‘’ how low is too low?’’, we cannot be held responsible if the artwork is supplied in such a manner and isn’t suitable for your needs
One Way Vision
A specially designed perforated film. From the outside you see a full coloured image that attracts attention and promotes your products and services to the passers-by. From Inside the vehicle, you still benefit from the natural light and can clearly see out.
Should the window graphics need updating or clearing, the vinyl can be removed without to the glass.
One way vision window vinyl
mart car sign writing on rear window
Mix 96 logo on small car
Inside of rear window with Contravision
Contravision print on rear window of car
Contravision full colour print
contravision from the outside
contravision from the inside
One way vision rear screen
Maintenance & Tech
Care of your new vehicle livery
Congratulations, you have just bought ‘the best’. Impact Signs use ‘new generation’ vinyls for all of their vehicle liveries. The manufacturers stated exterior life under normal conditions is a massive 7 – 10 years (except florescent & some specialty finishes). Although you may not intend to keep your vehicle this long, you still benefit. Because of the high quality vinyl and adhesive, it means that your vehicle looks better from day one
You may experience ‘air bubbles’ for up to 4 days after sign writing. In actual fact, these are not air but application fluid. All you have to do is…. Leave them alone, they will simply disappear of their own accord, this is in no way caused by poor workmanship and will not affect the long term adhesion of the vinyl
Washing your vehicle is pretty much the same as it would be if it were not sign written, however a few precautions should be taken:
- Do not wash for at least 4 days after your vehicle has been sign written. This allows the adhesive to ‘cure’ properly
- Do not direct pressure washers ‘up close’ to the sign writing, especially if the text/graphic is very small or intricate.
- If cleaning by hand, use a sponge, not a cloth.
- If you have digitally printed (full colour or graduated) vinyl, do not use solvent of any kind. This may cause the image to fade. Soapy water is all you will need.
If you wish to remove the sign writing at any stage, this is relatively easy to do, just use the following guidelines:
- Use heat! Vinyl can be removed easier when it is warm. A hair dryer is the best tool for the job. Caution! Do not use hot air guns, these may burn the paint and also it can be highly dangerous if used around the petrol cap!!!!
- To remove the glue residue use white spirit. Let it soak in for approx 2 minutes first, glue should then be easy to use.
- Do not use a knife to remove vinyl. It may ‘pierce’ the paint. Whereas this may not show at first it could begin to rust. Use a plastic knife or ask us for a squeegee
- When the entire vinyl and glue residue is removed, it would be wise to use ‘T’ cut to hide the ‘ghosting’ that may be evident.
Impact signs do offer a vinyl removal service. It includes vinyl and adhesive residue removal and ‘T’ cutting. All vehicles must be delivered to and collected from our premises in Aylesbury.